• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 alternator wiring, need new

I've seen those, I can get wire and splice anywhere, trying to see if there is replacement to factory spec. Alt to fuse panel and lead out to the plug that feeds to the pcu.

Perhaps it was never really intended to be replaced

It's all part of the main harness.
20180408_133409_zpsfxu4c30i.jpg

I just upgraded my alternator to fuse panel wire a week ago -- ended up going directly to the battery with 1/0 welding wire on the upgraded 160 amp alt

You want the wire I pulled out with the fusible link? -- send me a message

It's all part of the main harness.
20180408_133409_zpsfxu4c30i.jpg

Yup, I cut the electrical tape and traced it back to the harness. Crap oh well. Is it easy enough to replace the plug/pin on the alt end or do you just cut off the old plug and put a new one on?

Heavy it's just the regular alt for now, if I upgrade to the Durango or bigger I'll added the fuse link. Everything else on my starting system is 1awg.

The 160 amp alternator works great -- Really can't tell a difference -- right now my XJ is basically stock so I have no major electrical needs -- I do have plans to change that

It was easy to install -- I needed very little grinding on the mounts -- this is a 2000 XJ

This is the one I bought off eBay -- ALTERNATOR DENSO 56029915AA Dodge Durango Pickup 5.9L 2001 2002 2003 -- IIRC it was in a new mopar box

Back