• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95aw4 or 98

baby ed

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2wd 97 that is being converted to 4x4. I bought a wrecked 98 for the donor. The axles bolted right up, but now it's time for the tranny and t case. From what I can find on here, to use the 98 tranny, I will have to swap the tail shaft from a 97. I recently bought a wrecked 95 with a good tranny and t case. My question is which would be the best candidate for the swap. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a 2wd 97 that is being converted to 4x4. I bought a wrecked 98 for the donor. The axles bolted right up, but now it's time for the tranny and t case. From what I can find on here, to use the 98 tranny, I will have to swap the tail shaft from a 97. I recently bought a wrecked 95 with a good tranny and t case. My question is which would be the best candidate for the swap. Any help would be greatly appreciated

The 95 tranny will botl up and avoid the issue with the output speed sensor changing. You'll still have to cut/splice the wiring harness, but that's pretty straight forward.

Good reference on the AW4 and transplanting between the years.

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1053970

Back