• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head gasket issues.

blakews2217

NAXJA Forum User
Because I was in a hurry with my junkyard motor swap, I didn’t bother to replace the broken exauest until it has made itself a drivability issue. Now, it lets cold, unburnt air into the header and the ECU sees lean, so it fattens up, and fowls spark plugs. I got one head gasket, felpro 9076-pt1 and it made compression , but the boot hole needed chances, so it came off, tossed the gasket. Now, put it back together, part store sold me another gasket, felpro 26211-pt and when I torqued the rockers down, it held the valves open, no compression. Now off to the part store to get another felpro 9076.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both have the same compressed thickness, so.......

Yea, time to eat crow. Never saw this before, but when I took the rockers off, the lifters pushed to max expansion, and got stuck. The laminated steel gasket left intentions from the brass rivets. Not deep, but left marks. 12 new lifters later and now I’m back to where I started before I ever pulled he head. Runs like shit. I’ll ohm our the injectors and coils and hope it’s easy. I did measure the gaskets I pulled, and there’s about .002 difference. The laminated steel is thinner, but not much. Could easily be material difference from what felpro measured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back