• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 belt tension collar on power steering bracket

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi On my 1990 Xj, 4.0 liter, the special nut that the tensioner bolt threads into, for belt tensioning, ie steering pump movement, has split. I need a new one. Looking online I see a break in the part numbers at 1991, and 1997. I dont see the correct part number for a 1990 XJ. Online they say the later 1997 and up bolt does not fit. And the 91 thru 96 might not fit my 1990, I just dont know.

Does someone have a part number, and/or source for this belt tensioning part? It is on the power steering pump bracket, and is what the tensioning adjustment bolt goes into.

Thanks!

5300 2915 collar adjuster (always search with the space and without).

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-collar-adjustment~53002915.html

Junk yard might be your best bet.

If you really get between a rock and a hard place, I likely have one in the garage, but you are really going to owe me a return favor, it will likely take a couple of hours searching through my junk to find it. EcoMike can likely contact me if I'm scarce.

Back