• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2018 CRAWL to do list

NAXJA Forum User
So we all probably have stuff to do.

I have to ...well go. LOL. The MJ has worn out heim joints on the steering so hopefully those will hold up as she's going as is.

We do need to try to get Cal's motor swapped into his XJ and then hopefully have a few weeks to drive it so we can decide if it will make the drive up and back.

Other than that...we're ready.

Fix my windshield wipers
Check the rear Lock-Rite locker to see why it's making noise
Change oil
Replace rear spring eye bushing
Install new transmission crossmember
Install 97-01 mirrors
Drive it to be sure it will make the trip - it's been sitting for almost 2 years

Last edited:
I too need to buy a trailer. That being said, I do have a few parts that need installed:

1) Rear axle shims(to get rid of vibes)
2) Yokes on both axles
3) New gear oil(break in period is past on new gears)
4) Center section frame stiffeners(can finally weld in rock rails although the self tappers have worked good so far)
5) Check and fill all fluids(kinda a given)

None of these will keep me from coming to this event. If I was to drive it again, I would for sure need to do #1. I plan on having it on a trailer this year.

Install winch (if I can find a detours backbone between now and then)
Add 2 recovery points
Maybe some 235 MTs

Last edited:
Tear into my front and see what broke this past weekend.
Keep it wheel-able between now than then.
Figure out a seat for Molly the puppy......

Tear into my front and see what broke this past weekend. Order Crome-moly axles shafts and install.
Keep it wheel-able between now than then.
Figure out a seat for Molly the puppy......

Wish list - but doubtful:

- Replace rockers with 2x8 steel
- Long arm upgrade

I did win a long arm kit at winterfest this year. I should find some time to make that happen.

And now the MJ has a dead battery, a nonworking passenger yukon hub, and the column shift will only go as 1/2, 3, 4 and N. I have to get under the truck to manually shift into R and P. So something is wrong in the cable or column 😑
Also need to try to do Cal's engine swap so it can also make the trip.

So little time and even less money.

And now the MJ has a dead battery, a nonworking passenger yukon hub, and the column shift will only go as 1/2, 3, 4 and N. I have to get under the truck to manually shift into R and P. So something is wrong in the cable or column 😑
Also need to try to do Cal's engine swap so it can also make the trip.

So little time and even less money.

I've torn down that MJ column 2 or 3 times now. I hate it....... :banghead:

I've torn down that MJ column 2 or 3 times now. I hate it....... :banghead:

"new" used battery for $38 ...the last one lasted 3 years so I figured what the hell.

Yeah I'm trying to think of ways to not have to tear it down...I don't know if a floor shift swap would work as with the D-330/pass drop front end I've messed up the factory trans tunnel pretty good.

We do have 2 floor shift XJ's sitting here to pick apart so who knows.

"new" used battery for $38 ...the last one lasted 3 years so I figured what the hell.

Yeah I'm trying to think of ways to not have to tear it down...I don't know if a floor shift swap would work as with the D-330/pass drop front end I've messed up the factory trans tunnel pretty good.

We do have 2 floor shift XJ's sitting here to pick apart so who knows.

With yours I'd look at that after what all I've had to deal with.

Well, I am at an impasse.... do I buy a trailer and haul the Hellspawn, or do I give my lil red 92 a thorough inspection and drive it.....

Back