• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 help

goldclassic

NAXJA Forum User
I have a non cast Hp 44 that I am going to narrow and rotate the c's. This is a big deal for me as I am very new to axle "building". It seems simple enough, but other than the internet I don't really have anybody around to show me how to do things with it. So I am searching all over the place and everywhere I am reading about 44's keeps linking this website. http://77cj.littlekeylime.com
The issue is that I can not see this website nor the information that people keep posting the links for. Does anybody know what happened to the site or if it has been moved to another site by chance? I am trying to get information and how far to shorten my axle to make it waggy length.

If you have a welded wedges HP D44 its from a F-100, EB, or F-150. F-100/150 WMS is 65.5" wide, that's JK width and a very good width to run. I would personally keep it stock width and find a matching Ford 9" to put in the rear. You're talking 5" wider than stock, so 2.5" per side. That means the D44 is only an inch wider per side than all of us running wheel spacers to clear oversized tires. If the overall width is that big of a concern to you then get the correct backspacing wheel to put you where you want.

You also shouldn't have to worry about rotating your C's on the HP D44 unless you're running some silly tall lift. You can call up TNT Customs and get a truss that will weld on and let you basically bolt that axle right in.

Along those lines. How much lift are you running or planning to run? Desired tire size?

The D44's fitted to 2001 model V8's, are the axle housing/pipe black steel or cast iron?

Are you talking about the WJ's with the aluminum center, those are junk?

It's a WG, 2002. Are they alloy as well?

WJs have the Faux D44 in the rear. The axle in the start of this thread is the front HPD44.

Back