• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine and Transmission Mount Upgrades what did you use?

SofaKing

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of swapping out my transmission and transfer case and found the rubber mount is bad :hang:. So I'm looking to upgrade it and the engine mounts too. What Brand are you guys running? How are they holding up overtime? Was looking at Stinky Fab and dbmetalworx so far.
Thanks

I'm in the process of swapping out my transmission and transfer case and found the rubber mount is bad :hang:. So I'm looking to upgrade it and the engine mounts too. What Brand are you guys running? How are they holding up overtime? Was looking at Stinky Fab and dbmetalworx so far.
Thanks

I would go OEM mopar parts. My stock mounts lasted more than 100.000 mi

If you want really HD engine mounts I would use brown dog offroad engine mounts.

I have soft Brown Dogs and a Napa trans mount. SFR wasn't in the game yet when I did mine, but one of these days I am going to get one of Dallas' transmission mounts.

I have no complaints about the Brown Dogs. In fact, the instructions that came with them are quite possibly the most well written instructions I have ever come across. It appears that someone took into consideration all the different ways in which folks could mess up this job and then wrote up a process to skirt around all those failure modes. I appreciate that degree of effort.

Last edited:
Brown Dog motor mounts and Stinky Fab teams mount in mine and I've never looked back!

I am using the Brown Dog rubber mounts. They vibe for a little bit but settle down eventually.

For the transmission I bought the Stinky Fab Racing mount and replaced the poly with rubber bushing that I found on Stengel Bros

You know that stinkyfab has his own custom poly poured that is softer than the factory rubber is?

You still get a little more vibe than stock because of the tighter design, but not very much, and way better than anything anyone else is making.

he uses it for engine and trans mounts now.

I put the Stinky Fab Racing motor mounts w/ the reinforcement plates in my son's XJ and neither of us could be happier. I've never had a bolt-on item fit as precisely
as they did. When his trans mount goes it will be replaced with those from SFR.

At the moment I have bigger fish to fry but I plan on doing the same to my XJ.

I just recently replaced a pair of Brown Dog Rubber MM w/those from StinkyFab. I like the smoothness of the StinkyFab better as I never got used to the increased NHV that I had after installing the Brown Dog mounts. They never settled for me like I hear so many people saying. Also, when I swapped out the BD mounts I noticed that the rubber was toast an the passenger side mount and as it turns out, was the cause of the 'clunk' sound I'd been trying to track down for over 6 months. The StinkyFab transmission mount is a nice piece as well. For the price I don't think you'll be dissapointed w/the SF versions.

Back