• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feedback thread

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
As we put forth the planning for the 15th annual Cherokee Crawl we fell a little towards tradition, but also reviewed the suggestions thread from previous events. As we start to look forward to the 2018 Crawl, tell us where you thought the event worked and what you might suggest for changes in the future. This isn't the BODs event - it's y'all's, so help us make it better!

Safety Inspections
Drivers Meetings
More Trail Leaders = Smaller groups (6-8 max?)
Awards: distance, driver, spotter, carnage, etc...

Safety Inspections - Should be done by the trail leaders before heading out. This could definitely be a bit more organized.
Drivers Meetings - Should be done by the trail leaders before heading out. This could definitely be a bit more organized.
More Trail Leaders = Smaller groups (6-8 max?) - I totally agree.
Awards: distance, driver, spotter, carnage, etc... - We had that and people complained about the length of raffle/awards/talking thing so it was taken away.

I think having a smaller group would make the inspection/meeting easier...
I wasn't sure if the inspection had to be more/less NAXJA official... I did a quick glance at the rigs in my group as I checked radios.
...with only having a ujoint/ball joint break on LRG during the 2 full days I led, I feel I got lucky!

I do recall the time being an issue with the awards now... =/

Of the 14 years I've been attending this has been the most relaxed I believe. Except maybe 08 our first year up there. I agree there should be a drivers meeting with all the drivers at some point. 8 - 10 is a good max imho. Overall I think this was one of my best crawls in a while. You guys did great keep up the good work.

Back