• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I forgot recovery points =(

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
I just remembered I need to set up front and rear recovery points for NACFEST this year. Stock front and rear bumpers and no tow hitch I'm only doing the easy trails. I have everything else, spare tire, fire extinguisher, and snatch strap. Anyone have an inexpensive (cheap) suggestion I'll end up taking them out when I upgrade my bumpers later this year so if they wreck my current bumpers I don't really care.

Wrecking yard or craigslist for rear hitch. Amazon or etrailers for front slide hitch. All in all it might set you back $150 and it can easily be re sold when you upgrade.

Factory front tow hooks at the junkyard, or from someone on here.

Or if you're in a rush and can't find them, amazon has them cheap, with prime shipping

I'm stopping at a local(ish) pick a part today and we'll see what I can get. if not amazon it is. Also what years are compatible and what other cars? zj/wj for hitch and hooks? all the way from 89 to 01?

I have a 2000 4.0 aw4

I think the brackets are XJ specific, but interchangeable over the years.

I'm stopping at a local(ish) pick a part today and we'll see what I can get. if not amazon it is. Also what years are compatible and what other cars? zj/wj for hitch and hooks? all the way from 89 to 01?

I have a 2000 4.0 aw4

I think the brackets are XJ specific, but interchangeable over the years.

Factory tow hooks are XJ specific but I also believe they are specific to the years. As in '96 down and '97 up. The big brackets that bolt to the side of the uni-body. I believe the smaller angle brackets, oblong looking ones, and the tow hooks themselves to be interchangable.

Back