• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird tire question

I have tried but they all turn up tires I can't get my hands on.. I just need it for a spare so rating isn't important. I just want to keep my tire cover and rear inside mount spare.

Thanks

If you're just going to be using it for a spare/ short term, why not just use a stock 15" rim.

Now if you're a little OCD and doing so would keep you up at night...I understand.

Why are you running 17's? XJ's never came with them plus it makes it harder to find a good tire for them!

Because I am running a 5x5 bolt pattern jk wheels and bigger brakes. Im lifted a little so no problem with tires. Im running 255/70r17. Which for me is way better for me.

Thanks

Well you certainly couldn't make it harder with that combination on your trailbuddy's! Our group tries to run similar combo's, a couple of the guy's are notorious for at least 2 flat's per outing and having the ability to swap tire's is a must !!!!!

Are you sure you aren't running the 255/75 that came with jk's?
I'm running 265/70R17
Which is slightly shorter.

Although the 235/65-17 will retain close to the factory diameter, the 235 tread width may be too wide to fit your tire cover over. I have a 225/75-15 inside mount spare and the tire cover just fits over the tire. I have 235/75-15 mounted on the vehicle and the tire cover will not fit over the tires. You would be able to mount the wider tire inside the vehicle (as the overall diameter is the same), you just may not be able to use the cover as the tread is wider. If the tire cover is important to you, try fitting the cover over the tire before you buy.

For what it's worth. I had a 31x10.50 fit factory cover.

Yes I'm sure on the tire size. I planned this out in advance. I do have a decent set of 275/55r17 in my garage.

I currently have a 235/75r15 under my tire cover now.

Anyone have the specs on the 235/65r17

Back