• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear dome light?

Legacy

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 91 xj, my rear dome light doesen't come on when i open the hatch, only when i open one of the other doors, is there a sensor in the hatch? maybe like the one of the hood.
thanks for any help.

my 98 if you push in on the lite you can have the hatch up and the lites won't be on, click it again an the lites work with the hatch. i don't know when they started that. so it may help you.

Might be like mine was...

Turned out the wiring at the hatch hinge area went south, so I had to pull in another wire...ugh!

There's a switch in the dome lamp housing, check that out (if the switch is off the light will not come on with hatch, but will when doors, when it's on it will come on with hatch).

Also, the wire goes directly onto the latch mech. inside the hatch, pull the cover and look at it, check it for continuety to ground. But I have a feeling it's in teh wire.

SEquoia

I replaced my rear dome switch with a toggle switch because the original switch stopped working, but is there a sensor in the hatch?
i'll check the wires in tha hatch though.
Thanks again.

Back