• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1992 XJ motor swap

Noah_LBZ

NAXJA Forum User
This topic may already be on here but I am not getting a for sure answer.

I have a 92 XJ sport with the 4.0 HO. (needs a motor very bad) I found one for sale (motor/tranny/transfer case) for $600 with 91k miles. That motor is out of a 90. from my understanding that is not a HO. Will it still work and be a fairly direct swap?

Thanks

HO or not HO, boils down to some very minor internal differences. Any 1990-2001 XJ Cherokee or 1993-98 ZJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 L engine block will interchange.

Remove and re-use ( or replace with new ) as needed or required from your original engine: Intake/Exhaust manifolds, throttle body, flex plate/flywheel, cylinder head, water pump, distributor-less ignition or distributor assembly, OBD engine computer sensors, fan belt driven accessories, and/or mounting brackets.

The price is good but these things are a dime a dozen. Why put yourself through all of that work when you could just drop one in and plug it all in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back