• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No heat in 96 Cherokee

Dacrane

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, so I figured out the oil pressure issue, it was a bad sensor. My issue now is that I am not getting any heat. This isn't a huge deal right now here in Alabama, but it would be nice to have come winter. I have searched the forums, but most of them seem to say the heater core is clogged and that's the end of it. I thought that's what mine was, so I flushed the entire system, flushed both hoses for the heater core, and the heater core itself. Now both hoses are hot, but I am still not getting any heat. I think it is an issue with the blend door. Mine is a 96, so it is cable actuated and when I swap it to hot I can hear the air flowing differently, but no heat. How difficult is it too get to the blend door and what are some common issues with them? Thanks as always guys!

Are you sure the water valve is opening? And letting the hot water into the heater core.The valve is vac controlled.

Are you sure you're cycling it correctly? The valve bypasses the heater core only on cold and vacuum is supplied. It is normally open to the core. If Changing it makes one the other hose colder it still sounds like the core is clogged. Did you use water and air pressure to flush it? It sounds like your blend door is operating correctly.

Ok, I thought the vacuum opened it, so I have it zip tied to bypass. Last I checked the return hose was cooler with it open. I will cut off the zip ties before I leave for work tomorrow and see what happens. My return hose was pretty clogged before I flushed it recently, so that may be all my issue was, pure operator error. Thanks. I have flushed the core and know water is flowing through it, so hopefully I will have heat tomorrow. I flushed the core with a garden hose, going back and forth between the two. It was basically mud coming out at first, so I know it was clogged before.

Back