• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

freeze plug size?

2" for the water jacket freeze plugs -- 2 3/16? for the camshaft plug

Problem is you don't get enough brass freeze plugs with the kit -- They all seem to be 1 short

The kits are "engine block freeze plug kits" they totally ignore the one on the head

I ended up buying 2 kits -- didn't want to go with Dorman and couldn't find anywhere I could buy a single Melling 2" freeze plug

Here is the kit I bought off of rock auto -- MELLING MPE256BR -- Nice, Heavy, thick brass plugs

Works out to be $17 shipped for one kit -- Buy 2 the 1st time and I bet you could save on the shipping

If you want to search, I'll get you the individual part number stamped on the plug -- I had no luck finding a place that would sell me 1 plug though...

Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying the Sealed Power 381-8084, 6 brass 1 other, plus the galley plugs

I also have a NOS block heater that I've been meaning to install, will put that in #1, and leaves one copper plug extra

Back