• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's needed to freshen up RE control arms?

smokeyyank

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled a bunch of stuff of my XJ and part of it is a RE lift. I originally was just going to sell it all but then I got a MJ. Now the thought is to just transfer over the lift to that, but the bushing are shot. What all would I need to get the control arms back to new to get them under the MJ?

Thanks

What bushings do you have on them now ?

Order new bushings. RE customer service has been helpful and correct the two times I have called for parts.

The cartridge type bushings can be rebuilt. Older super ride control arms use a stock style control arm bushing that needs to pressed in. The newer arms use an hourglass poly bushing that you can install with a bench vise.

Believe they are the superflex and then just a standard rubber bushing. The arms are pretty damn old.....

Believe they are the superflex and then just a standard rubber bushing. The arms are pretty damn old.....

I believe I ordered my replacement bushings from 4WP. It took longer to get the control arms out than it did to put new bushings in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So flexjoint one end superride on the other? I was also looking around and saw Daystar has replacement superride bushing that are supposed to be decent.

Cool, thanks for the replies.

Replied to you Serious

Back