• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weather

NAXJA Forum User
I feel we've been VERY fortunate with the weather the last 4 Crawl's. Had some rain but overall nothing bad...and last year was darn near perfect.

Lately they've had lots of rain there but it's been cool...this coming Sunday high of 58 and low of 40!

I know we won't be that lucky but can someone check the almanac and see what the predictions are for the Crawl time? Man if we have mid 80's daily and then high 50/low 60's nightly I'd be ecstatic. I have enough fire wood for it!

Capture_zpsitlf2rxd.jpg

Check that in June.... The weather 2 years ago was rain rain and more rain.... Or was that last year. I hope to not see that again any time soon!

Check that in June.... The weather 2 years ago was rain rain and more rain.... Or was that last year. I hope to not see that again any time soon!

3 years ago was all the monsoons. Last year was somewhat normal. Year before was COLD.

Ditto.

Cold is good. We have a good pile of firewood ready. Glen I bringing you some pine this year.

Works for me. I'll bring my saw and axe.....

Not sure what the actual "predictions" are for the Crawl itself but leading up to it looks like it may be fairly wet. They've had a fair bit of rain so far and looks like a fair bit more is in store throughout next week.

Sphincter Slide should be lots of fun!

Meh, I'll bring a few extra changes of clothes and put the windshield down. All will be well.

Maybe a tarp or 3. Just gunna be wet.

Yep will make for an interesting wheeling trip.

Was a wet trip in 2013 when I took the Willys last... word of advise, don't stick your head out when your windshield gets covered in mud racing down the mountain in the rain, because you face will get covered too! Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Not looking good... Better bring lots of movies for the TV.

Weather_zpsxx2jebrp.jpg

Looks like normal summer time stuff to me.

Meh, I'll bring a few extra changes of clothes and put the windshield down. All will be well.

Maybe a tarp or 3. Just gunna be wet.

Guess i'll make sure the A/C is topped off in the Jeep :D

Was a wet trip in 2013 when I took the Willys last... word of advise, don't stick your head out when your windshield gets covered in mud racing down the mountain in the rain, because you fave will get covered too! Haha

One of my more memorable trips down the mountain to this date is from that year, riding in Tyler's rig with no roof, doors, or windshield. Talk about being soaked when we got back to the cabin. We made good time though!

Back