• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hard/Extreme Group

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
So this year Beer Goggels will not make it. So I guess you guys are stuck with me leading the Hard group. Front and rear lockers, 35's or bigger and a winch is a strong need. Who's in for some Lion's Den, White Tail, Your Turn and some other good challenging trails? I'm excited! :cheers:

Are 35s required or suggested. I've always run these groups with 31s but never been here before.

A lot of the stuff we run are run by the smaller groups. Rail Bed and Fish Fossil are good examples. I'm open for anyone in this group as long as they are properly equipped and realize body damage is very likely on smaller tires. Winch would be needed on some trails too. What is your set up?

31s, locked front and rear with diffs trimed, warn m8000. Going to have 2x6 rockers and flat belly with skids before coming.

When do you arrive? 35's is suggested mainly.

31s, locked front and rear with diffs trimed, warn m8000. Going to have 2x6 rockers and flat belly with skids before coming.

Depends on how much you care about the body and how much of a show you're going to put on.

Mason Jar is doable on 31's if you don't care about the body and you like the narrow pedal.

Some of the other trails I just don't see you doing on 31's no matter how hard you hit it. White tail, Your turn, etc.

You could probably do Middle Rock Garden if you picked your lines right.

You can certainly do middle rock garden on 31s....at least until the exit through the water. I've run it every year. I've never tried to turn the corner and go further though - which I think is the obstacle called "Can Opener."

You can certainly do middle rock garden on 31s....at least until the exit through the water. I've run it every year. I've never tried to turn the corner and go further though - which I think is the obstacle called "Can Opener."

That is upper rock garden that has Can Opener.

That is upper rock garden that has Can Opener.

Hmmm....well, in that case, maybe I've never done middle. Is middle harder than Upper?

Hmmm....well, in that case, maybe I've never done middle. Is middle harder than Upper?

They are both difficult. I'd say Middle is harder. This is middle at the '15 Crawl:

Last edited:
You may be able to get through the 1st half on 31's and there's an exit on the right. BUT I'd say 33's would struggle to go all the way. I made it all the way up and to the right side (about what Glen is doing there) of the exit last year and Mark made it and he was on 34's. Took some work but we got him through. The left side of the exit was tore up pretty good.

Please let me know who all is planning on ridding with me....

1. Glenn aka "Ghost"

Back