• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want a good exhaust but don't want to break the bank.

Dyl_pickle

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 XJ and I want to put a new exhaust on it. I had put a banks monster on my old 98 and my dad took a look at it and realized the muff had rotted out and the rust on the tailpipe was bad enough for several large leaks. I put that exhaust on 3 years ago. Granted, that was in florida. But I'm worried about that happening again.
I've been looking at performance curve systems with flow master or magna flow muffler. The cat is in good shape so I'm not touching that for now, and I've heard too many horror stories of changing the headers.
Will either of those mufflers direct fit on the pipe, or do I need an adapter? And what type of hangars work best? Or, what other exhaust should I look into?
Sorry for all the questions. Appreciate any info

X2 on a stainless muffler. Just find one with a center inlet and outlet(or whatever the stock setup is) at 2.25" on both ends. I'm pretty sure I've seen a stainless tailpipe out there somewhere as well. Order these 2 parts and have your local exhaust shop put them on. Most exhaust websites have a seach tool where you can input the size of the pipes and all that, then just youtube them to see what they sound like.

Back