• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FSM Terminology Question

LJRockstar

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been working to clean up all the wiring and bring some things a little more up to date in my 96. I want to replace the Fusible link with a waterproof circuit breaker of some sort. I was looking in my FSM to find out what the amperage rating was on the link so I can get the appropriate breaker. I didn't find the information I was looking for in there, but theres 1700+ pages so its entirely possible that I missed it.

Another question arose however, next to all of the items on a given wiring diagram there is an alpha-numeric code like in this picture it says A11-10-DG. I know DG is the wire color, but I could find no other reference to A11-10 except on other diagrams showing the fusible link.

Does anyone know what the code stands for? Or what the amperage rating is on the fusible link?

A-11 might be an identifier for a circuit, splice, or connector.

I may be mistaken in a Jeep-centric context but usually a fusible link is rated by wire gauge, not amps. But if you can find what gauge fuse wire it is you can guesstimate what kind of fuse or circuit breaker to replace it with.

There is a legend in the front of the Wiring Diagram section.

There is a legend in the front of the Wiring Diagram section.

Simple yet effective! :clap: I was using the search feature of Acrobat.... It skipped right over that. Thanks!

I need to get this thing printed and bound, like a real book.... It's nice that its available on my phone and MacBook, but theres nothing like a real book with greasy fingerprints all over the pages.

Looking for something in a .pdf is like looking for something in a wide open space with a microscope. Theres just so much info thats just out of frame.:paperwork

Simple yet effective! :clap: I was using the search feature of Acrobat.... It skipped right over that. Thanks!

I need to get this thing printed and bound, like a real book.... It's nice that its available on my phone and MacBook, but theres nothing like a real book with greasy fingerprints all over the pages.

Looking for something in a .pdf is like looking for something in a wide open space with a microscope. Theres just so much info thats just out of frame.:paperwork
Yeah Printed and bound would be sick. Luckily I have a laser printer but it only does one side =/

Back