• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Body panel stuff...

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
Whadya do when the whole truck looks good other than something like this here...

jeep%20droopy%20door_zpszmh1bdc7.jpg

Could you just take it off and heat it up somehow, set on it's side and let gravity reshape it? Or would it be better to just peel it off and replace it with a straight one, either from a jy or new?

I have an '01, so mine doesnt have that lower trim. What is it made of, like a heavy rubber? Or is it more of a plastic material?
A while back I messed with the same issue on an early '90s mustang, and the side trim was a heavy rubberized material. I used heat from a heat gun and then held weight on it to keep it flat while it cooled. It worked great, was flat enough for me to apply new adhesive to the back of it and reapply it to the body panel. It stayed on really well. If it is more of a plastic type material, be very cautious when applying heat, it might melt a lot easier. Hope this helps!

It's rubber and it shrinks and deforms due to age and weathering. Getting new is your option. Mine are now about an inch short on each end and will come off eventually. You can take it off and reapply the double sided tape and hope it holds.

We used a product called DX330 in the body shop. Enamel reduce may also work. You can use an eraser wheel on the body panels at a super low rpm or dx330 and your thumb.

Are you talking about the yellow gorilla snot stuff in the tube? If so that is not what you want to use. The correct stuff is double sided tape for body panels, 3M makes and others.

Back