• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn Ridge / 2N47 Work Day: Saturday, March 25th

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
As you may have heard the SoCal chapter has co-adopted Cleghorn Ridge / 2N47 to assist The Drifters with trail maintenance. They have a workday scheduled for this coming Saturday March 25th at 9:00 am.

The meeting location is at the trailhead right off the I-15 freeway. Exit 129 / Cleghorn road. The trail is on the East side of the freeway.

I would recommend 4x4 for this weekend as there could be some serious ruts in some areas of the trail.

Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoes mandatory. Hard hats may be available but if you have your own please bring it. In tick-areas it is best to cover as much skin as possible.

I plan on being there as I kind of see this as one of those "put up or shut up" kind of moments. If you can make it out it would be great.

Last edited:
It's looking like my wife, 3yo son and I are going to make this. I've been wanting to go for way to long.

Loppers for cutting branches.

A shovel or two and a steel rake could come in handy.

We had a blast. Weather was perfect. Heep ran great. Met some great Naxja members. Rescued a JK and some Toyotas as a bonus.

Bent, thanks for coming out and leading us and making this so much fun.

Peter and Ronan, thanks for the help, playing with my son and trail directions.

Ace, thanks for the show and dumping the load of trash.

I hope to make it again soon, I need to try out my new loppers.

Last edited:
Put up or shut up?

SoCal showed up AND put up, logging 82 volunteer hours for the day; 58.5 adult and 23.5 Jr. hours.

The 5 of us growd-ups and two pint sized helpers cleaned up enough trash from the trail to fill the long bed on my MJ above the sides. Special thanks to Ace for volunteering his truck and dumpster for disposing all of it.

Wheel stands and tripods seemed to be the order of the day. "What are you going to do different?" turned out to be a popular phrase in Charles' rig.

Peter you'll be fine as long as Ronan doesn't rat you out.

Thanks to everyone that made it out for the day, I had a great time. Looking forward to next time!

Every time there was a choice in which trail to take Ronan told me to go the hard way because it's more fun. He said he had "a thousand fun" but wants to be trail leader when he drives my Jeep on runs. Tim took that MJ placed I didn't think my XJ could go.

So are we going to work in 2N47 for every month, every other month, or ??? Would be nice to be able to camp somewhere between Cleghorn and 2N49 and make it like a continuous overland adventure, but I guess North Shore isn't that far away.

I'm sure you three remember me pulling this out of the trash. I'm not sure about them yet although there does seem to be some potential. I'll mess with them more once the XJ is rolling again.

20170326_103642_resized_1.jpg

They need to come down some and trim the front off a bit. I just slapped them up for a quick visual and they do seem like they will work on heavily trimmed fenders.

20170326_103537_resized_1.jpg

20170326_103630_resized_1.jpg

Unlike the TJ rears it'll take cutting up two to get the rear to cover and work with mounting the forward section to the door. So basically three sets of rear JK flares.

Back