• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinion angle on 6 inch lift with SYE

Tacowhip

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I'm planning on bumping up the lift on my 95 xj to 6", and plan to get an SYE, with a front shaft. Do I have to worry about the pinion angle and get wedges, or can I leave it alone? Also what is a good SYE to run with a stock front shaft on a 6" lift? I'm sure these questions are best into the ground here. Thanks!

The pinion angle depends on what springs you are running and if you are running shackles, or a tcase drop. It isn't just the height of the springs, but how they are arched.

Put it together. Button her up. Set her on the ground. Measure. Shim as necessary.

cottontail nailed it. I used my digital level. I measured the angle of the pinion face vertically and then measured the driveshaft angle. yes they are approx. 90 degrees out from one another. you want 1-2 degrees down, so 91-92 degrees off one another. If you measure it and it is at 96 degrees off one another, then you will need a 4 degree shim. That is what I needed.

Back