• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 ton steering

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm getting ready to my 1 ton utk steering upgrade. Right now I have a Synergy suspension track bar that has a pretty good drop. From the frame mounting edge to the track bar center bolt is 6 inches. Plus I have there drop pitman arm. Which is about 3/4 to 1 inch lower than stock. Well taking apart the 92 parts Cherokee I have turns out it has an Iron rock Offroad track bar and bracket. It measures from the frame mounting point to track bar mounting bolt 5 1/4 inches and uses the stock pitman arm. Which one do I use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much lift? Generally speaking it's better to have a flat draglink setup than high angled one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you want your drag link and track bar to match angles as closely as possible. If your track bar drop and pitman arm drop line everything up, then great. Here's a little tutorial on what you should be looking for.

Back