• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ swap issue... brake caliper spacing

whitexj98

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure where my issue is... I thought I would not need to run spacers between the calipers and knuckles with the following setup...

Rotors are WJ redrilled, BD125693E
Hubs are late model, HA597449

But as you can see the rotor is hitting the caliper bracket...

Or did I get wrong parts...part numbers on the boxes match.
Hub compared to my 98 looks correct,

Or did the wrong rotors get put in the box? The part number cast into the rotor doesn't google.... got them off Amazon but I guess I could take one to the parts store to compare to what they got.

Or am I missing something else?

Last edited:
Try putting some lugnuts on so it squeezes the rotor to the hub and then look if that doesn't get it put a 7/16 washer in between the caliper bracket and the hole on the knuckle.

Dealt with the same thing today, tried the washers on mine but it pushed it out too far. Took em out and tightened the rotor down and I had just enough clearance.

I had to shim one of the brackets about .100" !

Interesting, I plan to do this swap next weekend using the same parts(01 XJ hubs and WJ rotors re-drilled). Following to see what your end result may be.

if the rotors have that much runout, they will push the pistons in while you're driving, and the first 30% or more of every pedal push will be just to re-engage them before braking.

its super unsafe. track it down and fix it.

Back