• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5/6/8 lug patterns--pros and cons?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Looking at the Reid knuckle conversion on a TJ D44. The literature says I can get 5x5.5, 6x5.5, or 8x6.5. I assume the difference here is in the parts availability, eg brakes, lockouts, etc. I tried googling for pros and cons of the different patterns but came up empty, and I figure one of you guys already did the research on this

About the only thing I could think of is that the 5 and 8 lug will probably be Ford based while the 6 is probably Chevy based. Chevy parts are probably easier to find and may be cheaper. I guess really tho it would depend on what parts you want/find and your rear axle selection.

I went with 5x5.5 on my front D44 mostly for convenience. The rear 60 was already set for 5x5.5. And it matches my Bronco, lol. I didn't compare the prices for every scenario, but the "pre-1987 Dana 44 Chevy or Jeep spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, stub shafts, and lockouts" used with the Reid knuckles are reasonably priced, IMO.

Back