• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5 OD dom to much for lowers?

moparcyco

NAXJA Forum User
I finally have my Tera 60 under my rig and its time to build some links. One of my buddies who was helping me says he has some 2.5 od .25 wall dom and slugs he is not going to use from a buggy build. I went and looked at it its freakin huge! Is this just massive overkill for a xj? will it be so large it hits stuff? Anybody on tons running a combo like this. Thanks

I've been looking a lot into AL links. Price isn't too bad on them, and the fact that they bend and recoil is pretty nice. Stinkyfab had a pretty convincing video for his steering. Something to consider. A lot of the rock bouncer movies I watch those guys are running them. IMO 2.5 slugged is going to be super heavy.

if it is free or cheap, 2.5 is only 0.25 larger on the radius, i dont see them suddenly turning into rock anchors compared to 2.0 OD. but they are going to be heavy.

at 36" my arms (2.0x0.25) weigh in at 20 pounds each. i used a simple force calculator before building my arms, 2.0x0.25 is PLENTY strong.

youll want something smaller on the upper(s) to help with clearance. i used 1.75x0.120.

I was planning 1.75 od upper. Is the weight really that big of a concern? I think I will try them hell all I'm out is some welding wire and gas. If they suck i'll build some 2 or 2.25 od ones. Thanks

I don't think you'll notice them after install. Installing them you'll curse yourself :D
Biggest concern will be tire clearance at lock depending on where you mount and offset n such.

For cheap/free 2.5 is fine.

wouldn't hesitate for cheap/free.

when I ran short arm adjustables I had 2.5" OD 3/8" wall. They worked great. Heavy.

with my Synergy 3 link I chose 2" solid 7075 from StinkyFab. they are twice as long and yet lighter. :D

Back