• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory cd player?

My 2000 has what seems to be a factory CD changer in the back passenger side -- behind a door

Don't know about the head unit -- mine came to me with a sony

Both my 01 Sport and 97 Country had CD/cassette players stock.
The 97 also came with a power amp, under the rear seat.

Did any of the 97-2001 xj's come with a factory cd player that one could just plug and play with? Mine only has Am/Fm

When you say factory cd player do you mean a changer or just a factory radio with a cd player. The second one would be yes.

http://www.cd4car.com/used-96-97-98...-chrysler-radio-cassette-and-cd-player-ch103/

They are wrong about it fitting a '96 IMO. Also do not pay this much. They are a dime a dozen in the boneyards. I got mine for free.

Now I also have a 6 CD Changer in my Jeep. That would require just the right parts to install and is not quite plug and play.

Be aware that the factory CD-tape-radio head units are rather fussy when it comes to
playing home-brewed CD-R discs.

MY OEM Infinity head was hit-or-miss with CD-Rs and most times it would eject them
and display an ERR message (Error). On very, very rare occasions it would be OK with
CD-Rs and it would play them, but then it would reject the same disc on other occasions.

One day, the unit died altogether and I replaced it with a same model Infinity that I
grabbed from a self-pick yard, but this one hates every CD-R I put into it and will not
play them at all. Its OK with official, store-bought, CD music discs however.

Also, none of the OEM Infinity units have an AUX jack for playing an iPod (or equivalent)
through the system.

I just thought I'd throw this out there for you to ponder.

The factory single CD player head unit is plug and play. Jeep Dealerships sometimes installed a remote 6 disk player.

I have one available if anyone is interested. PM me an offer.

Back