• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noob to this forum

ODJeepster

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Battle Ground, WA. I wheel a 1969 Jeepster Commando locked on 35's and dd 1993 XJ with a small lift and 31's. 5 year plans for the XJ include transitioning from daily to 40's with stiffners, boatsides, crawlbox/doubler, tons, linked front and rear.

I drove a Commando in highschool and it introduced me to 4 wheeling. Mine had an intermediate bearing in the front driveshaft that didn't last, so I wheeled with the factory rear posi unit in 2wd for years. That 225 "Dauntless" V6 was incredible. It rev'd to hell.

I drove a Commando in highschool and it introduced me to 4 wheeling. Mine had an intermediate bearing in the front driveshaft that didn't last, so I wheeled with the factory rear posi unit in 2wd for years. That 225 "Dauntless" V6 was incredible. It rev'd to hell.

The front driveshaft with the intermediate bearing was the first to let go. And that's what started everything. I built Dana 44's for both ends with Detroit Lockers, chromoly, and 4.56. Upsized the front u joints to 1310's, swapped the 3spd t14 for a granny low 4spd t98, and twin sticked the Dana 20. Still running the 225 engine.

XJ's make good raisins. Glad to hear you're keeping the Jeepster clean. It gets around pretty well.

DSCN3455.jpg

Welcome aboard, Shawn!!

watching that rig work is pretty awesome

Look forward to more trips this year:wave:

-Scott bye

Back