• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 2 door power window issue

HE-MAN

NAXJA Forum User
Switches not working at all on driver side, only power locks on passenger side working. Hooked up the door controls to my 4 door and it worked so thats not it. #18 fuse by passanger feet is not blown. Ideas?

Broken wires in the door harness? That's what happened to my 2k 4door. I pulled the harness out of the door and patched it up. Worked for about 3 months. The wires break in the rubber boot where they flex and move when you open the door. I'd start with holding the window switch down and wiggling the boot see if anything moves. If it does, check the wires. It not. Check the window motors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wires could be it, doubt its the motor since locks and mirrors not working either. Ill do the wiggle and see if i can at least get the window up. I noticed the rubber boot that goes from the door to the rig is just hanging on the wires and is not really connected to either side properly. Good chance something could have gotten pinched. Would that also cause the passanger side window to not work while the pass door lock does work?

That may be the harness in the door. Or lose wires in the connector. That one may be a motor. If you can't get the Windows moving get the panel off and jump 12V to the motor. It's a standard DC motor so polarity dictates direction. If you do and the window does not move try the other direction and get a ratchet handle or screw driver handle and tap the motor. If it moves after you tap on it then it's probably the brushes in the motor. If it moves then the motor is good and it's possibly a broke wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a video showing what you said to do.
https://youtu.be/9aygFAErvuY
Ill try jumping the window motor today and see what happens. Thank you for the direction.

Back