• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whoopsie Dasies. Used wrong grease in JKS track bar. Am I screwed?

BALTANAKT

NAXJA Forum User
After install yesterday I applied a petroleum based grease to the joint. Then I realized I had missed something in the directions: use a non-petroleum based grease. Yes, indeed. I screwed up. So I guess my question is what should I do next? Squeeze a bunch of non-petroleum based grease in there until the majority of the old stuff comes out? Arg, So bummed.

I suspect a good many people have never read the instructions, used whatever was in their grease gun, and have been fine. I have not read of anyone ever trashing a JKS track bar for using the wrong grease. The head is rebuildable anyway.

shoot pray to the jeep gods. Never do this, unless you can't help it. Just take em off and send em to me. They are trashed now.

For real you are kidding me right? LOL

I've had a JKS trackbar on my XJ for at least 7 years and didn't know until just now after reading this post, that I've used the wrong grease all this time. It's still as good as the day I got it.

I think you will be fine.

Back