• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I broke this. Now what?

GreatOdin'sRaven

NAXJA Forum User
e871b3452deab6fb6e6284f349b9f417.jpg

I know it's a magical vacuume sphere. The line cracked from being old and brittle, how do I fix it? Hook up a new line and good to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relocate under hood. Vac line will work just fine. I was fortunate enough when I planned on relocating mine that the line broke close to where I was intending to install it.

Piece of hose. No fuss no muss. Couple small clamps if you feel it is not as tight as it should be. Want to replace it? Thinking a dime a dozen in the boneyard.

I relocated mine underhood as well. Kinda between the battery and PDC. Screwed to inner fender using an existing hole.

You got all fancy screwing it down. I just threw mine in the hole in front of the blower motor and removed a bunch of vacuum lines and t's left behind from gutting the CAD and the heater control valve while I was there.

order some silicone vacuum line off ebay, slide it on there and I used shrink wrap over it

Silicone vac line? What an awesome idea!!! I am still buying and using the cheap stuff. Replacing the tubing is a great idea on these older rigs as the OEM tubing breaks too easy with age under the hoods.

Early (84-85) XJ's have a cool can type vacuum reservoir with the one way valve and mounting bracket.

What size is the hose? Mine broke and never got around to replacing it.

I cant figure out how to reconnect all the hoses? the vacum ball has been re-located and I don't know remember how everything re connects? does anyone have a diagram or know where the hoses go to? its for 93 HO by the way.

thanks

Back