• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift needed for 37" tires and Napier flares

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Currently running 32" BFG MTs on RE 3.5" SF springs, 3" of pucks, with Napier flares. I don't rub when I ease up on an obstacle, but will when I slam into something

2016_11_19_AMP_Hill_01.sized.jpg

I've acquired a set of TJ Rubicon D44s with 5.13 gears. I was planning to add another 2" of lift and run 35s, but now I'm thinking of going straight to 37s, big concern at the moment is that I don't want to go another 3" of lift, want to stay below 6" if possible, but also want to keep the flares for legal reasons

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Basically not possible! For 37's you would need to lose the flares and open up the fenders along with increasing the backspacing.

37's on those front shafts & joints in that 44, get ready for the breakage or get all chromo/alloy parts . 37 's on my cj would break std. size 44 parts, had to go alloy shafts & cmt joints. should have stayed at 35's. thats where im staying now on my xj. but good luck to ya.

37's on those front shafts & joints in that 44, get ready for the breakage or get all chromo/alloy parts . 37 's on my cj would break std. size 44 parts, had to go alloy shafts & cmt joints. should have stayed at 35's. thats where im staying now on my xj. but good luck to ya.
The 44s already have RCVs not worried about breakage

Cut and trim fenders and make some custom flat fenders to allow for tire clearance. At least 4" of lift over stock for 37" tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.13s on 35s is very nice off-road. After making a couple runs in a buddies tj with that set up, he could basically idle over everything. Hwy driving was a little off though. Engine didn't like the high rpms for anything longer than 2 or so hours.

As for the 37s, I'm at 6" of lift and haven't trimmed the fenders since I was on 33s. I don't have much uptravel (~4"), but I stay out of the fenders with it bumped correctly.

Back