• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to relocate

csailors

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,
MWC guy here

Anyone her have any lines or recommendations on a month by month place to rent? Barn loft, small cabin, exc. just somewhere to sleep and shower while we explore the areas we want to look for land. Going to be moving out that way and don't want to buy first thing without being around different areas for a while. Size doesn't matter at this point.

Looking in western Montana, Missoula county west, kalispell area or northern Idaho. Let's say kootenai county north to the border.

Just wanting to give it a shot and see what we can find. Once we find an area I'll look for some work.

We were looking at Colorado. But that didn't pan out to be as nice as everyone says. So we scratched that quick.

Thanks

I've got some close friends that live in northern Idaho. Who are also transplants for about 6 years now. We've spent enough time money there I don't notice any culture change really. Nothing we can't handle If we found some.

Just thought someone from the area might have something onkynthe locals know. My friends have a second house but we don't want to intrude. Just try our own thing.

I work in the industrial/manufacturing maintenance field (skilled trades). I also do automotive and construction work on the side.

I can find work pretty easily. A good place to rent with good people is harder to find than work.

I really like the Saint Maries area of northern Idaho. My wife is from Shoshone county so we visit often. If you get caught speeding by the 5-0 they are probably related. Anything around Cda allows suburban living with bigger town feel close by.

I think we have a line in a place to stay for a little while. Hopefully move in the late spring to summer time frame.

Be in the northern Idaho area and travel from there to areas we want to look into buying land.

Was cruising the CL today. Found a job on there that sounded like it would be awesome. Called and actually got a person. Sending resume in the AM and hope to have a phone interview this week or next.

If it's a decent offer looks like I may be headin that way sooner than we planned. Good thing I'm doing an engine swap on the XJ next week. It'll be pulling a trailer 2100 miles if this pans out.

Was cruising the CL today. Found a job on there that sounded like it would be awesome. Called and actually got a person. Sending resume in the AM and hope to have a phone interview this week or next.

If it's a decent offer looks like I may be headin that way sooner than we planned. Good thing I'm doing an engine swap on the XJ next week. It'll be pulling a trailer 2100 miles if this pans out.

Dude, get out of there before the tornadas get ya! :eyes:

Was raised in Clinton county so I know all bout them tornadas. Summer of 2005 was hell with the warning sirens going off nearly every night. My son spent the night with a friend in Dayton and they almost didn't make it out. Still have family back there and I worry about them.

Moved out here 11 years ago and never looked back. Funny I pulled a trailer out here too with my XJ. Trailer is gone but the XJ lives on.

Dude, get out of there before the tornadas get ya! :eyes:

Was raised in Clinton county so I know all bout them tornadas. Summer of 2005 was hell with the warning sirens going off nearly every night. My son spent the night with a friend in Dayton and they almost didn't make it out. Still have family back there and I worry about them.

Moved out here 11 years ago and never looked back. Funny I pulled a trailer out here too with my XJ. Trailer is gone but the XJ lives on.

Haha yea we wont miss those. Never taken a direct hit, but watched more than my share from the deck.

I have a feeling it will be the same for us. Once we are out there for good, we will wonder why we didn't do it sooner.

My plan is to buy 2 new enclosed trailers. One for the truck and one for the XJ. Then once we find a place ill have an enclosed to haul the XJ in.

Not sure if it matters, but my house in northern Utah is vacant and will be going back on the market after the snow melts. Probably too far south east for you but it's there. Neighbors are used to seen an XJ torn apart in front of the garage so that's a win ;)

Nucor, Autoliv and Orbital ATK are the big players around there, btw.

Last edited:
Not sure if it matters, but my house in northern Utah is vacant and will be going back on the market after the snow melts. Probably too far south east for you but it's there. Neighbors are used to seen an XJ torn apart in front of the garage so that's a win ;)

Nucor, Autoliv and Orbital ATK are the big players around there, btw.

Appreciate the offer, but you're correct. To far south. maybe the next guy will keep up the addiction.

Ill be lurking around here more. Once we get in the area we will be driving a lot of miles so I'm sure someone will spot us.

It is official. Wife gave the approval to leave in April. Have to have everything packed and ready and the house sold by then.

Have a potential buyer already lined up, no realtor fees or inspections. Even better.

Back