• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange Brake Noise

Jumpalot

NAXJA Forum User
So the temp really dropped and we got about a foot of snow today. It's the first time I've had this particular Cherokee out in this kind of weather. I had a noise today while braking that I've never heard before. I was braking hard to see if I had ABS or not. It seems I don't as my wheels locked up and I stared sliding. When I tried again going slower and hit my brakes hard is when I heard the noise. It's not a squealing or popping or metal grinding noise. It's sounds more like my aluminum garage door opening and closing but louder. I don't mean the sound of the electric motor whirring, it's the reverberating sound through the door itself. Like a really loud creaking. If I really slam on the brakes, it doesn't make the noise until I'm about stopped. If I ease onto the brakes it doesn't do it at all. Any Ideas???? I've done some Google searching and can't find any references to any noises like mine.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Back