• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC rear leafs...popping!

PSoffe

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed a RC 6" long arm kit. Everything thus far has been fine except right out of the gate the rear leaf springs started making a popping sound.

After checking the obvious, that everything was tightened to spec I notice that the leaf packs DO NOT have any sort of isolators between the leafs.

I also noticed that each leaf only contacts (for the most part) the one above it at the axle (pressure from the center pin and u-bolts) and at the the very ends. Basically each end of the leaf is slightly turned up digging into the one above it, so as i load up the spring, it binds (steel on steel) to a point where by when it releases it pops!

I know i can install isolators (shouldn't have to) but has anyone experienced this with RC or any body else? Thus far RC has said they have never heard of such a thing.

Oh and lets not go nuts with bashing Rough Country, they do make a pretty good product and everyone has there favorites. Just trying to get some positive feedback.

My 4.5" leaves have given me nothing like that. They are super loose when unloaded, though. May just need to settle in a bit first. Give a month or bash the hell out of them and see where they sit after

Back