• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dorman 674-196 replacement Header

N Ga Rider

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, my 1996 Cherokee 4.0 has a crack in the header. After 3 nights of extensive searching and reading about replacements for it I decided their is no best choice. All of them can have problems and crack. I found this on Ebay and it is the cheapest price I have found for the one that will suite my best needs, just a stock header. So why is it so much cheaper then the others Dormans sold?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-WRANGL...2f4338e9:g:gdgAAOSwr81UTRyn&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

Because they know it's going to crack in a year. At least if you get it from AutoZone, it's lifetime replacement. Throw a flex pipe after it and it will help. The performance ones like borla don't crack, I hear.

Make sure your motor mounts are In good shape to. I went with Brown dog mounts and I haven't broke a header since, maybe I just got a good one not sure. But check them mounts. Stock mounts let the motor bounce around a lot

It doesn't bug me at all. My wife has them on her jeep an she is fine with them. You will get vibs from them, I hear the rubber style is better not as much vibs.

Out he pic shown is the updated header that is suppose to not crack, the flex pipe sections on cylinder #1 and #6 are suppose to keep the heat and cool cycle from cracking the header. If buy it in a heart beat. Mine came with the updated version. And it's got 243,000 and still no cracks

Out he pic shown is the updated header that is suppose to not crack, the flex pipe sections on cylinder #1 and #6 are suppose to keep the heat and cool cycle from cracking the header. If buy it in a heart beat. Mine came with the updated version. And it's got 243,000 and still no cracks

I had the same one and it cracked in a year

Wow that's surprising. The updated header I have heard very little to no complaints of it cracking. I know another guy with one that's still good after 200,000 miles

Back