• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wierd vibes

sinat01

NAXJA Forum User
So recently replaced ball joints and wheel bearings on my jeep (99 XJ, 4.5" lift adj control arms and track bar) which got rid of one vibration, but now I got two new ones in its place :( on is around 45mph only on deceleration and feels almost like it pulses, the other is about 65-75mph but is intermittent and also pulses, it is just enough to notice it, but you hear it more than anything. one of the thoughts I had was that maybe the alignment shop didn't get my control arms matching lengths and its putting something on a bind, other than that, any ideas?
Hasta

Have you set the front pinion angle to one degree or less, as per the FSM?

What about the rear axle? Have the driveshaft's u-joint angles been adjusted?
There are hundreds of postings, on the forum dealing with vibes, so searching for solutions is always a good idea.
Unless you are using a 4X4 shop for adjustments, most alignment shops do not deal with setting u-joint angles.

Rear has a new driveshaft and sye, pinion angle was set, it feels like its coming from the front end. I took it to an alignment shop that told me they deal with 4x4s all the time and knew how to set pinion angle and whatnot, this is the same shop that told me my ball joints looked fine, then when I took it for inspection I had 3/4" play in my ball joints on one side, so I doubt they set it right. The front pinion angle looks great to me tho. Ill put some pictures up of it when I get home

Did they set the pinion angle for a stock jeep or one with a sye kit on it? Do you have a DC driveshaft?
Did you go H-n-T or full sye kit?
http://www.customdriveshafts.com/
Click on "tech info" and then "what type of driveshaft"

Last edited:
Rear driveshaft is just a few months old, and its a H n T style, the vibes are coming from the front, I had a small vibe from the rear, but I wasn't worried about it. The one im really perplexed over is the one that shows up around 45mph on deceleration

Back