• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR tail lights

The Badness

NAXJA Forum User
1999 xj classic 4dr, 4x4, aw4.

Just wanting to get some opinions on JCR's steel tail light kits. Trying to avoid having to use the trailer conversion kit to keep my back up lights. Couldn't I drill a third hole in the housing and just wire up a white LED for my back ups? Use the existing wiring? With the new flasher of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get the quarter guard with integraded tail light box or just stick with stock lights. i regretted getting just boxes the instant i smoked one. the light was fine, my quarter panel has seen better days.

personally a little 2-2.5" circle doesnt emit enough light for a back up. i have a 13 LED circle in each box for a reverse light. if i did it again... i would wire them like you are thinking, and put a couple cheap LED floods in the bumper or rear hatch for a reverse.

I'm subscribed on this.

I have JCR tail lights to go on soon and am wondering similar things.

As for the guy above, I somewhat agree however I went with Hooligan fenders so my quarter is protected.

I think your best bet is just to get the light kit from JCR that includes the reverse light and wire it appropriately.

I have the full quarter guard with the integrated light box. I chose not to do the reverse lights, but it was offered.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/LEDKITXJ97.html

You can buy the same lights in LED for cheaper online. I wired mine so that 2 flush mount pods in the hatch light up when switched to reverse.

1999 xj classic 4dr, 4x4, aw4.

Just wanting to get some opinions on JCR's steel tail light kits. Trying to avoid having to use the trailer conversion kit to keep my back up lights. Couldn't I drill a third hole in the housing and just wire up a white LED for my back ups? Use the existing wiring? With the new flasher of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a new in box JCR LED Tail light set and 98+ steel housings that I'll make you a deal on. Hit me with a PM and we can discuss.

Back