• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to XJs but not Jeeps

Jakes_A_Snake

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone, I am Jake and currently in the Hillsboro, OR area. So this is my first XJ and so far I am loving it. This is my 2001 XJ 4.0 AW4. This is they way I bought it. IMG_20161001_180808867 by jacob tomaszewski, on Flickr

I paid $1500 for it and it would hardly start and obviously needed a lot of love. I got it running decent but then decided to do an oil flush and learned the hard way to follow the directions on the bottle. I did not check to see how bad the sludge was and ended up destroying the bearings. I got lucky and found an engine, trans, and transfer case for $500.

Next steps were to make it more road worthy so I bought new treads.
IMG_20161025_165304354 by jacob tomaszewski, on Flickr

I decided to go with some BFG all terrain T/As.

I also decided it was time for a new bumper.

IMG_20161108_102211310 by jacob tomaszewski, on Flickr

My Ebay special bumper. Paid $350 to my door and I love it!

Next was some fender flares. I decided to go with Napier Flat Flares

IMG_20161112_142316617_HDR by jacob tomaszewski, on Flickr

So I am now about $3600 total into my XJ and honestly don't think I would have found one remotely this close for what I have into it.

Next things I plan to do are the engine mounts, the Axles (I want at least an 8.25 in the rear and a HP30 up front with 4.10s)

Back