• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRO trackbar bushing issues

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have issues with IRO's double sheer t-bar bushings?

I'm on the 2nd frame side bushing and experiencing the same 1/4" side to side play. This is causing a whole lot of wobbling up front. The metal bolt sleeve pops into the bushing too easily and I think the lack of tightness on this is the cause.

I emailed them and waiting for a a response but in the mean time is there an alternative joint I can run on this bar?

Hmm, I haven't had issues with mine, but I got some DW and have been trying to chase it down. Part of my issue is also a cracked frame but I might take a a look at that also. They do offer a flex joint too.

Yep, that's it.

I'll be seriously looking into the flex joint for my IRO bar, but I went a different route after going through multiple frame & axle side bushings from IRO.

I got some of the KOR Durometer bushings and but them in my trac-bar.
https://kevinsoffroad.com/product/kor-1179-kit-super-durometer-track-bar-bushings/

They stiffened it up so tight, and there absolutely no play at all! It's truly amazing the hardness of the 2 bushings.

That being said, they are a pain to get in and they fit TIGHT.

I had to cut an inch and 1/4 off the threaded eyelet to get it to fit on my xj with their 5.5 critical path lift. Ran out of threads in the tube. Not sure why, but in order to get my axel centered that's what I had to do

Choogala sent me a replacement flex joint. I got it rather quickly. Took only 10 minutes to install. Fit like a glove and zero play and all my wobbling symptoms are gone.

I realized just how loose the poly bushing was when I went to remove it. I could tap the bolt sleeve with my finger and it just popped right out. There was no pressure on it. The poly bushings also popped out easily. This is way too lose for a trackbar joint.

I can't remember if the axle end uses the same bushing and sleeve but that side has no play in it.

Back