• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets cover my Rear, its all exposed.

Brian82

NAXJA Forum User
Ive never put any real thought into it, but do you guys have any good pro's and Cons to running a Bent Steal diff cover Vs a cast iron style cover. :twak:

Id think any of the good aftermarket covers would do, you would prolly break a lot of other things before one of those would. I could see a cast cover cracking or shattering even if you hit it hard enough. but most of the really good covers are 1/4 steel or iron.
Id say its just down to looks, maybe weight if that's your thing to worry about, I have a riddler on my 8.25 and its held up, and my stock D30 took some nasty hits at laurel highlands jeep fest and didn't dent. so its down to looks if you ask me

Id think any of the good aftermarket covers would do, you would prolly break a lot of other things before one of those would. I could see a cast cover cracking or shattering even if you hit it hard enough. but most of the really good covers are 1/4 steel or iron.
Id say its just down to looks, maybe weight if that's your thing to worry about, I have a riddler on my 8.25 and its held up, and my stock D30 took some nasty hits at laurel highlands jeep fest and didn't dent. so its down to looks if you ask me

I hear ya, i guess i was looking for strength differences between the cast style vs bent welded steel covers. I like the Solid covers, i think thats a great bang for the buck. Then i wanted to shave down that dam 8.25 lip around my diff cover. I get hung up on that lip allll dayyy

Well on my old xj I had a solid 44 cover and a solid 8.25 cover on the front and rear. It held up to every thing I asked of it and far far far more. Backing up into a rock and hitting a rock at 15 miles an hour on a full throttle 2ND gear assault was more than enough to convince me to buy them for my 56/10.5

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Well on my old xj I had a solid 44 cover and a solid 8.25 cover on the front and rear. It held up to every thing I asked of it and far far far more. Backing up into a rock and hitting a rock at 15 miles an hour on a full throttle 2ND gear assault was more than enough to convince me to buy them for my 56/10.5

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Roger that..

Back