• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 hp d30 jack stand issue

To a point, it can depend on the jack stand.

To a point, it can depend on the jack stand.

It certainly can and does! I bought a set of 12ton stands just for the height, I'm at 5.5". The large stands have a forged end on them that's much narrower than the tubing/plate style.

All my jack stands have a casting/forging for the moveable part, and it fits just fine. You may want some different jack stands.

medium800.jpg

All my jack stands have a casting/forging for the moveable part, and it fits just fine. You may want some different jack stands.

medium800.jpg

My jackstands are just like yours and they fit just fine.

Hpd30 won't accept a jack stank on the drivers side.? Is this common

Obviously you need to change one of those items. Which one will it be, the axle or the jackstands?

Well that is nice to see! Looks like I'm shopin for a small stand. I gotta replace axle u joints and wasn't to happy at my options for suspending the axle until now. Thanks for the picture/ help

Now that the jackstand issue is under control, are there any issues involving the hatch and a blankie?

;)

bimmerjeeper said:
I spent a few hours researching how to jack up an XJ, but even this is more complex than a normal car.

:doh:

my jeep is a 99 but the axle is a 97 as the title says, so there should be no difference. with this thread i dont know if it would be unsafe to place a jack stand under the control arm, but if your LCA end is not like the RE and more so a johnny joint style i think any size jack stand would fit.

Back