• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

routing rear brake hard line on top of leaf sping

offroadco

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the zj disc brake upgrade. For the brake hard lines i was thinking about rerouting them so that they pass on top of the leaf springs and don't get caught on rocks or branches. Would there be any major problems with doing this? I would offset them a little bit so that they don't interfere with the bump stops

I just installed the zj disc brake upgrade. For the brake hard lines i was thinking about rerouting them so that they pass on top of the leaf springs and don't get caught on rocks or branches. Would there be any major problems with doing this? I would offset them a little bit so that they don't interfere with the bump stops

Absolutely not.

Hardlines must be fixed, you cannot mount them so that they move, you will weaken them and they will burst.

He is talking about the hard line on the axle and it would not move but would be a pain to remove or repair a leaf spring. The line can be routed very close to the bottom of the spring, well above centerline. Never been and issue for anyone all my time wheeling

I just finished the ZJ swap as well. Here's how I did mine:

http://naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=246410155&postcount=361

No really following how the stock routing is a concern though. The hardlines are on the upper quadrant of the tube the majority of the time as it is.

I wish I had seen this earlier, i think I like it the best out of all the write ups that i have read.

Looks like I'll just route it under the leaf spring and keep it as high as possible. Thanks for the feedback

That's quite a complement. Glad you liked it.

I like it too. My read discs aren't ZJ but I'm going to run into problems when I remove the 1" block I'm currently running.

Back