• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chryco 8.25 ?

chuck619120

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have a 99 with the 8.25 axle, needs bearings (I think). My question is are they pressed on the axle shafts? I could prolly tear it apart and see but nice to know ahead of time. Thanks in advance.

Axle is a c-clip style. Bearings are in the housing itself. Iirc

Wheels/tires off, drums off, diff cover off, center pin screw removed, center pin removed, pull out c-clips, slide out axles, use seal puller to yank old seals on the wheel end of the axle housing, and bearings are right behind the seal. Will need a slide hammer bearing puller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheels/tires off, drums off, diff cover off, center pin screw removed, center pin removed, pull out c-clips, slide out axles, use seal puller to yank old seals on the wheel end of the axle housing, and bearings are right behind the seal. Will need a slide hammer bearing puller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ this. Rent the axle bearing removal tool & slide hammer from Auto Zone if you don't have one. Drive the replacing axle bearings & seals in with bearing drivers. You can rent that from AZ too, if you don't have them. The fancy factory tools do not help out with this. With the AZ tool you can pull the seal & bearing at the same time.

Back