• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fresh air intake for hvac

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
where exactly does the vent pull its fresh air from?

i had a mouse problem in my fan chamber and while the fan and rug was out i i washed it out with the hose and most of the smell went away. but after bringing it around the block a few times the smell came back with vengeance. so i think there might be some stuff left in the intake area.

other wise i'm really not looking forward to taking the dash out.

The front windshield cowl!

.....air also comes up, where the cowl area dumps off any water, out the "sides" (near the base of the A Pillars). The "sides" are the areas between the fenders / unibody frame. This area is typically concealed by the fender liners.

Pull back the fender liners, at the rear of the front wheel wells, to see if you can find any evidence of mice accessing that area.....

i figured the cowl area but i couldn't remember seeing it. and i will check the fender areas. im hoping a good dose of lysol and some baking soda will do the trick.

i used a can of Lysol and a can of Zep odor eliminator. i sprayed down the cowl with the fan on high vent and then switched it to max ac and sprayed into the recirculate door. so far the interior has a much more pleasant smell. need to bring it for a drive and see if the vent smell is gone.

Back