• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remanufactured Engine Choice

bucklahoo

NAXJA Forum User
Narrowed down my choices for a remanufactured 4.0L to gearheads.com and Powertrain Products. Both offer an extra No Fault warranty on top of the typical 3yr/100K.

I've done a lot of searching online but I was wondering if any of you experienced XJers have dealt with either one of these places?

I was just reading the terms for "no fault" warranty. Sounds like there's at least a hundred reasons they won't cover it. You better talk to a few people who have actually made a no fault claim for something stupid, like running it out of oil.

Seems like another warranty not worth the paper it's written on.

Isn't powetrain just rebadged ATK?

I've used their remain cylinder heads with good results .

Edit:
I agree these warranty even used are rigged towards the sellers. Certified mechanic do the instigation, new parts, whatever to get out of it. I have not read this no fault warranty, but there are a lot of magazines and shows pushing this brand and the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just ordered an atk reman from quadratec . I've even researching for a few months. This no fault warrant crap just gives them a reason not to cover something. Good luck.

Back