• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

throttle unresponsive

guide33

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone,
newer member here.have a 97xj 4.0l-6i.weird problem started recently.after it's been running awhile say 50 60 miles if i press down on the pedal it feels spongey and there is no immediate response from the motor.if i continually press further on the pedal it will slowly come up to speed.after slowing down to a slower speed or just crawling along in gear it starts to shudder and doesnt want to take gas,i recently changed the oil sending unit,as i had a pressure drop on the gauge that turned the check gauges light on.when the truck starts to shudder the oil pressure drops off on the gauge from 3 down to about 1.i plan to clean the maf,tps, throttle body etc.hoping it's not the fuel sending unit.maybe a map sensor or faulty tps.anyone think of a cause for this? any help would be greatly appreciated.happy trails

Back