• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 Engine Installation, Trans or MM First?

HttpWayne

NAXJA Forum User
I'm reinstalling the OEM engine after a stroker failure (4th one to date and this time it might have been my fault for the first time).

I haven't put one in for several years and when I did it the last time I had someone helping me, but I'm doing it alone now. Do I mate the engine to the transmission and THEN do the motor mounts? Or vice versa?

I spent 4 hours messing around with trying to get this thing in there and still didn't succeed. I was just wiggling it around randomly and waiting to see what happened first since I couldn't remember. A motor mount landed close on one side, so I figured that must be what goes first. The transmission seated in about 3 times during that whole process so I'm guessing I should do that first. ?

I have a nut on the front and rear head studs that stick out on the driver's side so it's canted at an angle (top towards the passenger side).

Back