• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tuff stuff winch bumper

Right from their website....

"Easy Install Process- We’ve examined at the most common frame bracket designs for Cherokee bumpers and simplified the process… No more removing your steering box. No more 2 piece designs. No more frame supports… Our entire bumper goes on without drilling, welding or grinding."

Why they wouldn't want to tie into the steering box bolts, I don't know. I feel like that is where the most strong tie in comes from for any bumper that houses a winch.

Plus "tuff stuff" looks like a bunch of rebadged chinese garbage. I would look at dirtbound offroad. Way better construction.

thanks for the recommendation. i would like something like the warn or jcr but 800$ for a bumper is flat out ridiculous! im open to any other bumper options, i have a rigidco bumper now and would gladly give my money back to them however they are no longer making bumpers.

I know others will disagree but I really like my Smittybilt bumper. Solid mounting, well made but heavy. Mointed easily and holds my Warn winch well.

i do like the look of the smittybilt however ive never seen one in person and the pictures seem like they are a deep bumper and i dig my ground clearance on approaches? got any pics that could help? thanks!

i do like the look of the smittybilt however ive never seen one in person and the pictures seem like they are a deep bumper and i dig my ground clearance on approaches? got any pics that could help? thanks!
Don't have any from outside my garage yet but the bumper isn't nearly as low hanging as it appears in pictures. It is a heavy piece of metal but it didn't cause my front to sag more than 1/2 inch when I put it on but I do have new coil springs.
25650-smittybilt-bumper.jpg

25658-xj-winch-bumper-side-angle.jpg

Back