• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shops in Portland, and Tranny advice

ADunning

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all– feeling fed up with the insane amount of play in my steering, and I'd like to know your go-to guys in the Portland area for steering and suspension. Also, I'd like to know your thoughts on transmission fluid changes. Mine's pretty dirty, and hasn't been changed as long as I've had it, so its been at least 20k miles since the last change. Thanks!

As for the portland area shops, i can't help you there. As far as the fluids in your jeep, if you havn't personally changed them or had them changed since you've owned it, then you need to get them done. You have no idea what the history is for your rig unless you have been the sole owner. If you got the time and money, i recommend changing everything out front and rear with new fluids and filters.

Getting through that. Haven't done any in a while, next on the list is a brake bleed. Changed oil today, did both diffs six months ago. Is it thought that the axel tubes need draining and refilling?

Thanks

Back